The Value of In-Person Events
- We talk to Natasha Stanley (This Is For You), Beck Power (Nomad Fly, Nomad Work and Nomad Me) and Jennifer Lachs (Digital Nomad Girls)
- We’re all fresh out of 7in7 and absolutely buzzing
- This was going on outside the apartment while we were talking
- How do you relate authentically? Be honest! Try to avoid talking about work for as long as possible
- Business opportunities are a side effect of making friends!
- Hot tip from Natasha: when heading to a networking event, prepare questions that will make people smile to break through the small talk
- Jenny talks about how she sees a potential bromad differently after one of Natasha’s authentic relating games
- Hot tip from Beck: bring cheese to make friends
- QOTD from Natasha: “Confidence is just the memory of success.”
- Shake hands to create a connection with someone
- Shoutout to Hannah Dixon for facing her balloon fears during 7in7
How do you create connections in person? Send us a voice memo or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Speaking of community, join us on Twitter and Facebook, and get more action and discussion on our lovely Facebook Group. Like the show? Subscribe and give us 5 stars on iTunes!